We are walking through milestones that have never been seen before and will never be seen again.
Last year I wrote about an impending storm, a perfect storm, all before the emergence of ISIS and the Gaza War.
I intentionally postponed writing over the holiday season. But as we approach the next phases I want to articulate clearly what they are, show what they have in common, and share what they are pointing to.
We are witnessing significant prophecy being fulfilled in the Middle East. It has already begun and will continue this year. The next 3 years are of increased significance as we approach the 70th Anniversary of the State of Israel.
This may be the most significant year in human history since Jesus walked the earth, and I do not say that lightly. Here is why…
- Blood Moon Tetrad – We are going to complete a special Blood Moon tetrad that coincides with Jewish holy days. This is well documented. As I have written, similar tetrads occurred around the Independence of Israel and the Arab-Israeli War (1948-49) and the 6 Day War (1967). The Jewish calendar is based on moon cycles, not sun cycles. A sign of this nature is significant and directed to Israel.
- Shemitah – We complete a Shemitah year in 2015, a 7 year cycle. This will impact America. America is in a cycle of 7 year judgements that coincide with this event. It is connected to the World Trade Center (2001) and Great Recession (2008). This cycle has strong ties to financial systems, as it relates to forgiving debts, wiping the slate clean, etc.
- Jubilee Year – A Jubilee Year is the year following 7 cycles of shmita or Sabbatical years (7 X 7 = 49). In other words, every 50th year is a Jubilee Year.
“ And you shall consecrate the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a Jubilee for you; and each of you shall return to his possession, and each of you shall return to his family.” – Leviticus 25:10
Jubilee is not currently observed in Jewish culture, as Yovel only applies when the Jewish people dwell in the Land of Israel according to their tribes (this will be important later). Since Jubilee has not been observed since around 600 CE there is some speculation as to the actual cycle. What we do know though is that Jubilee occurs after a shmita or Shemitah year, one like we are ending in 2015. We also know that we are in the proximity of what should be the 70th Year of Jubilee.
You will notice that all three have a common thread.
It is all about the land of Israel.
A Promised Land
- In May of 1948 the State of Israel was born. Jews that had been dispersed since the Siege of Jerusalem in 70 AD were coming back to their homeland. In 1967, the 6 Day War gave Israel back their land even to the Promised Land borders. Although control of the Temple Mount was short lived, what is important is that Israel gained control of Judea, known today as the West Bank. These special Blood Moon tetrads (as they did in 1949-50 and 1967-68) relate to the land.
- A Shemitah year is about giving the land rest. Every 7 years Jews are commanded to allow the land to rest. As with the Blood Moon tetrad, this is about the land.
“The residents of the Land of Israel must completely desist from cultivating their fields. They also relinquish personal ownership of their fields; whatever produce grows on its own is considered communal property, free for anyone to take.”
- The most significant is the 70th Jubilee. Based on general mapping around 600 BCE and the exile of Reuben, Gad and Menashe we are approaching a window that would be the 70th Jubilee. That is the 70th Jubilee since Joshua and the Israelites entered the land of Canaan, the Promised Land. Specifically, why is a Jubilee Year so important? Other than the fact that the 70th anniversary suggests a Biblical number of completion, a major theme of the Jubilee Year was returning to your land.
“In the Year of Jubilee each of you may return to the land that belonged to your ancestors.” – Leviticus 25:13
What do these signs suggest?
Specifically these signs suggest that the next push will expand upon past efforts (1948 and 1967). In 1967 Israel captured the Gaza Strip (from Egypt), Golan Heights (from Syria) and East Jerusalem (from Jordan). These are the areas of emphasis. The Gaza War in 2014 was just the beginning. Next should be war in the north, Golan Heights, and most importantly East Jerusalem.
It suggests we are witnessing the final stages of the regathering of the Nation of Israel, Jews returning back to their land from exile.
It points to a financial shaking not only for America, but the global economy.
All of these signs converge in September of this year, the Hebrew calendar months of Elul and Tishri, the 6th and 7th month of the Jewish ecclesiastical year. It is during this time that the Jews also celebrate their new year, Rosh Hashanah.
If a perfect storm were to happen, these three signs point to a storm in September – October of 2015, which is the Gregorian equivalent of Elul and Tishri.
As I wrote about in my last post Signs, Storms and Seasons – signs are meant for the storm. We don’t know the season, only God does, but when storms align with the season signs are proven true.
The signs point to a storm, a perfect-worldwide storm, with changes to the Jewish State and the global economy. Starting this year through the 70th anniversary of the Jewish State (2018) should be particularly volatile.
There are a lot of moving pieces to this. The emergence of ISIS and their apocalyptic mission. New alliances being formed in the Magog nations. The shift in American policy and sentiment towards Iran and Israel. It is all happening at a furious pace.
But at the center of all of this is the Temple Mount. It is the center of the world by God’s design and it will be the center of contention. All eyes are on Israel and the Middle East.
Call To Action
The call to action is repentance and united prayer. We do not know the details of tomorrow or what God has in store, but He is giving us ‘signs’. Ultimately the job at hand does not change, we are to be about the Gospel. We must fully devote our lives to the Great Commission in our communities. It is still all about Jesus.
Prayer will not stop God’s will, but it will align our will with His. “Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.”
A God of Restoration
I recently spoke at our local church about Israel and restoration. Our God is a God of restoration. God has not replaced Israel… He is restoring them before our very eyes. Israel is being ‘reborn’ and it is a foreshadowing of what is to come. Yes, they rejected the Messiah and suffered the consequence. But a time is coming, and approaching soon, when Jews will realize Jesus was in fact the Messiah prophesied in scripture and a great number will come to faith in Christ.
Many will be reborn as believers in Yeshua.
God is gracious and kind, merciful and compassionate. His heart is to restore us to Himself. The wrath of God was poured out on Jesus so that all who believe in Him could be forgiven, saved eternally. That is the message of jubilee and a message everyone needs to hear.
Men and women of God this is an unprecedented time, this is also an unprecedented opportunity, and we are to make the most of every opportunity.
You will stand before the King of Kings one day and will give an account for your life.
Make it count.